Frequently Asked Questions
1. The KIT that is for 25 reactions must be used in one unique experiment or can it be used for each reactions separately (1 today another in 10 days)?
All reactions can be used separately.
2. Why should I buy Genorama platform?
(1) the purchase price should be cheaper than for any other scanner (2) scanners have usually two lasers and are meant for gene expression studies in which two dyes are just fine. For mutations and and SNPs analysis like Genorama tests the use of two dyes is also possible but it means that two runs of imaging have to be performed and the data has to be assembled manually. Our Genorama imaging system takes all four images at the same run and the supportive Genotyping software assembles it automatically which makes the APEX reaction less time consuming and cheaper (3) usual imaging time for scanners starts from 5 minutes (usually ca 10-15 minutes) as for our platform it is less them two minutes (4) special a PicDB feature of the Genorama analysis software developed for simultaneous analysis of up to 100 samples (5) initial training included to the installation of the platform (6) IVD CE available for QuattroImager instruments
3. After ordering the custom test would it possible to add SNPs or do we have to order a new one?
Yes, it is possible to add SNPs.
4. Do you also offer coated but unprinted slides?
Yes, we do. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. How many software licenses do I get with one purchase?
Once the software has been purchased you have two licenses. In case you need more licenses you do not have to buy another installation CD-R although there is a fee for another installed license. Just contact Genorama and we’ll guide you through the whole process.
6. Can I submit custom designs for species other than human?
It does depend on the exact species. Please contact Genorama representative regarding this question.
7. Do you have a guarantee period for the Genorama kits?
Yes, we guarantee the six month “use by” date since the date of outbound shipment.
8. What should I do if I want to sequence the results as well?
Due to the fact that Genorama does not provide primers separately you should design your own primers.
9. Could the dNTP mix with dUTPs be obtained separately?
No, these materials are all included in Genorama kits.
10. What is the delivery time for QuattroImager after placing an order?
Approximately 8 weeks after first payment (50%).
11. Regarding the additional equipment required for APEX reaction what would you suggest? What else do I need in order to set up a lab for Genorama QI use?
Additional instrumentation required for APEX procedure (incl. recommended models):
- PCR thermocyclers (Biometra T1; BioRad DNA Engine PTC-200*)
- Vortex (Scientific Industries Vortex-2 Genie*)
- Block Heater (2) for 1.5 ml tubes (Stuart Scientific; Labnet*)
- Automatic pipettes (0.5, 10, 20, 200 ?l and 1ml scale) (Eppendorf, Gilson*)
- Centrifuge (1.5 ml tubes) (Eppendorf 5424*)
- Gel electrophoresis station*
12. The types of instruments you recommended are quite strict. Is there an option to use for example, Eppendorf thermal cycler instead of Biometra or do I need to standardise the protocol again? Do you have price list for equipment that you can provide us?
PCR thermal cycler must have touchdown option and 96 wells. We recommend Biometra, but basically it may form any producers if these criteria are met. In training we’ll make protocol suitable for particular PCR thermal cycler. All these equipments which are shown in table as from Genorama are part of Genorama Platform price.
13. Does Genorama provide consumables for APEX (e.g. PCR Reagents, Enzymes, Microarray washing solutions etc.)
Yes, Genorama provides all consumables that you need from PCR to the slide reading in one KIT.
14. Is there a way to combine 5 different kits in a 25-slide APEX diagnostic assay?
No. Each KIT for 25 reactions contains reagents and slides for only one particular genetic test.
15. Could any of the Genorama kit materials be purchased separately from another suppliers?
Yes, however it would abolish the guarantee terms.
16. Is there a possibility to see the system in operation without purchasing it?
Yes, you can visit our lab for a guided tour. However previous notifying of this is necessary.
17. What is the pixel resolution? Can the QuattroImager be set to give a resolution of 5 microns?
QuattroImager current resolution is 15µm, but actually you can’t compare this with scanners, because scanner needs much powerful technology to read spots, but our QuattroImager detects the whole slide simultaneously while slide is lightened, this is quite like with ordinary cameras which taking pictures.
18. Can I participate in the APEX training without purchasing the platform?
Yes, the separate training is also possible. However it should probably be done in our own lab. It is suggestible to agree on the detailed programme beforehand.
19. What does the kit exactly contain?
Genorama KIT includes (for 25 reactions)
- PCR primers
- PCR Purification KIT
- APEX reaction mixture KIT:
- APEX reaction mixture
- APEX template prep. KIT:
- HotTaq DNA Polymerase
- 10x PCR Reaction Buffer with (NH4)2SO4)
- 25 mM MgCl2
- 2.5 mM dNTP mix (20% dUTP)
- Uracile-N-Glycosylase (UNG)
- 10x UNG reaction buffer
- Shrimp Alcaline Phosphatase (sAP)