During the last decade the knowledge about the microorganisms living in our body has grown tremendously. Nowadays, it is known that there are about the same amount of microbes in our body as there are our own human cells – approximately 37 trillions. The majority and biggest diversity of these microbes live in our gut, which is called gut microbiome.
Diverse and balanced microbiome community is important for maintaining body’s health and achieving desired body weight. The balanced microbiome community is based on the right nutrition. Imbalanced gut community, however, can lead to different diseases and other health problems like obesity, digestion problems, type II diabetes, etc.
The test gives answers about the following:
- Which bacteria live in your gut?
- How your gut bacteria influence your body?
- Are there enough beneficial bacteria in your gut?
- Are there harmful bacteria in your gut?
- Do your gut bacteria favor obesity?
- Are your diet and microbiome community balanced or do you need changes in your dietary habits?
- How to achieve balanced gut microbiome community?
Gut microbiome testing is easy. Stool sample is used for testing, which you can take conveniently at home.
We recommend to order at least 2 tests, first one before and next ones after following dietetic and lifestyle changes in 1-2 months. Time between 2 testing should not exceed 6 months.